Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hong Kong Masters Rowing Championship


I had mixed success in my recent trip to the Hong Kong Masters rowing regatta. I put in a gold medal effort with my four visits for Lord Stow's Portuguese egg tarts - a good effort but I left a little bit out there.  In rowing, we won our age group for the coxed four in the Hong Kong Royal Yacht Club head of the bay. The competition of "nobody else" pushed us hard yet we still managed to win.

In the masters' regatta we started at a strong pace in the coxless four, searching all over the course for a lane that suited us. Not finding one, we decided outside the course might suit us better however the concrete walls edging the river soon encouraged us back towards the course and an unrespectable fourth. Of four.




No comments:

Post a Comment